Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Christmas Present Ideas

I have a ton of notes I keep on my phone. Mostly ideas or things I would like to remember. I am trying to clear off as much of my phone as possible, to see if it will run less like a 90-year-old. It's nearly 4 years old, which is about 90 in phone years, so this is to be expected. Anyway, many of the notes could just be deleted...but some I would like to remember. So expect an increase in posts in the next coupla days. Probably.

For example, this. Here are some family Christmas present tradition ideas. We did this last Christmas, and I hope to continue the tradition. I am on an anti-too-much-stuff kick, so having categories keeps gift-giving meaningful, yet under control.

Each kid has their presents wrapped in their own different wrapping paper; in order to find out which presents are theirs, they will find a small stocking stuffer wrapped in their paper in their stocking.

Each person gets a present that is or represents:
an indoor activity (puzzles, books, games, tickets to an indoor experience, etc)
an outdoor activity (bikes, sleds, sporting/camping equipment, tickets to an outdoor experience, etc)
a delightful surprise (just how it sounds)
Stocking stuffer (something small in size...and a clementine...and other treats)
and of course, Christmas Eve jammies!

Do you have any Christmas present traditions in your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment