Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 11, 2014

Psalm 32, Genesis 4:1-16, Hebrews 4:14—5:10

In Genesis, we see an interesting description of sin: it is crouching at the door, eager to control you.

In Hebrews, we see that no one is immune to sin and its effects. In verse 2, speaking of the high priest, it says, "And he is able to deal gently with ignorant and wayward people because he himself is subject to the same weaknesses." From those who seem ignorant and wayward, to the high priest, sin is crouching. Waiting. Eager.

How should this influence how we care for others? How should this influence the way we allow others to care for us? So often we say things like, "I am going to help those who are less fortunate..." and usually our hearts are in the right place. But what if we thought, "We are all less fortunate..." and helped others because we are all in the same boat? Maybe I have a certain resource that another person doesn't have, and I can help them. But on the same note, maybe I need help, and the same person I am helping is the one who could provide it? Will I be too proud to accept help if I view another person as less fortunate than I am?


No comments:

Post a Comment